07 August 2007

Ghost of a Blue World


Ghost of a Blue World

I dreamed I was flying
over the ghost of blue world past
the buffalo ran before me
thundering through the plains
and I heard a wail in the wind
like a thousand voices whispering
spreading the rumors of change
and all the nations were gathered
on the burial grounds of man
singing, singing, singing

I dreamed I was flying
over the ghost of blue world present
the people ran before me
through bloody fields of war
and I heard a sobbing in the wind
like a million demons howling
drumming the guns of hate
and all the mothers gathered
on the soldiers' mourning ground
weeping, weeping, weeping

I dreamed I was flying
over the ghost of blue world future
and the shadows ran before me
through the dry and quiet plains
and I heard a small wind mewing
like a newborn baby's breath
dying in the darkness of night
and all the ghosts were kneeling
on the charred and battered land
silence, silence, silence

s.a.a.

No comments: